Oaklands School is a ‘Learning Community’.
In order to be a Learning Community we know that students will learn and thrive best when they are healthy, safe and secure, when their individual needs are met, and when they have positive relationships with the adults caring for them.
At Oaklands we offer an environment where students feel welcome, safe, stimulated and are free to enjoy learning and developing in confidence.
We promote this through our ethos, in which students are encouraged to work hard, be kind and take opportunities to ensure we are a Learning Community. Click below our for our commitment to safeguarding.
Key Safeguarding Contacts
Deputy Head/Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (KS3&4)
Pastoral Leader and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (KS5)
Pastoral Team Leader
If you have any concerns about a child; please email:
- Childline - https://www.childline.org.uk/
- Educate Against Hate- https://educateagainsthate.com/
- NSPCC Guide to Social Media - https://www.net-aware.org.uk/
- UK Safer Internet Centre - https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/safer-internet-day-2020/i-am-parent-or-carer
Online Safety Factsheets - What Parents Need to Know
- Keeping your child safe online
- Keeping your child safe from cyber crime
- Online Grooming
- Tackling Online Hate
- Gaming Streamers and influencers